Saturday, June 19, 2010

Not just a "Gwai mui jai".

A 'gwai mui jai' is literally (minus the racism): "white chick"
To say that I detest being called a gwai mui jai is an understatement. I get referred to in many ocassions by fellow Chinese (who think they are better than i am *hmph* haha) as this because it seems that I am culturally and verbally 'western'-ised. Does that make sense? Bah..
It isn't that I am trying to be caucasion; or i am denying my asian heritage.. I am who I am because of the different experiences I have had in my life. I am very proud to be Chinese; i just don't speak the language very much or often.. which then makes me bad at conversations. I can sing karaoke in chinese; I think that's good enough no? haha. I have understanding friends who feed the words and lyrics to me 2 seconds in advance through whispers as I sing. It's the only way I can fake it! hahaha (you know who you are ;) hehe)
But to be fair; they do generally use it with a gesture of endearment as opposed to it being a complete insult......
__________________________halt___

..as i was typing up this post on my work desk in the shop; someone has stolen my blackberry from right under my nose.
I AM INFURIATED? oh T#$*&@_@$$#*&$@(&$#@...
beyond angry.

humankind -100 points
su +10 stupidity

argh?!
gotta split guys; catch up soon

No comments:

Post a Comment